GLENDALE, Ariz. — A woman was hit and killed in a vehicle crash involving a Glendale police officer.
The accident happened Saturday at 67th Avenue and Glendale Avenue. Police say Officer Cody Howard was responding to a non-emergency call when he crashed into a van that turned in front of him.
Glendale police say the van and squad car collided in the intersection and the impact caused the van to land on a corner sidewalk where it hit two pedestrians, a male and a female.
The woman, Glendale resident Dorothy Cochran, was thrown into a parking lot where she was then hit by another car. She was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. Authorities said she was in her 60s.
The male pedestrian, identified as Glendale resident Elmer Hicks, has suffered life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the van, Glendale resident Robert Escobedo, suffered serious injuries while Howard was also taken to the hospital with what police describe as not life-threatening injuries.
Investigators say there is no indication that Howard was driving with lights and sirens on. Vehicular Crimes Unit detectives are investigating.
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them