GLENDALE, Ariz. — A woman was hit and killed in a vehicle crash involving a Glendale police officer.
The accident happened Saturday at 67th Avenue and Glendale Avenue. Police say Officer Cody Howard was responding to a non-emergency call when he crashed into a van that turned in front of him.
Glendale police say the van and squad car collided in the intersection and the impact caused the van to land on a corner sidewalk where it hit two pedestrians, a male and a female.
The woman, Glendale resident Dorothy Cochran, was thrown into a parking lot where she was then hit by another car. She was taken to the hospital and pronounced dead. Authorities said she was in her 60s.
The male pedestrian, identified as Glendale resident Elmer Hicks, has suffered life-threatening injuries.
The driver of the van, Glendale resident Robert Escobedo, suffered serious injuries while Howard was also taken to the hospital with what police describe as not life-threatening injuries.
Investigators say there is no indication that Howard was driving with lights and sirens on. Vehicular Crimes Unit detectives are investigating.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development