The Mill Avenue District in Tempe has sights and sounds for the whole family this holiday season.
Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade – Nov. 29
For those with families in town for the Thanksgiving holidays, bring them out to the Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade on Friday, Nov. 29. The dazzling display of brightly lit parade units will roll down the streets of Mill Avenue from Third Street to Seventh Street, starting at 6 p.m. Stick around after the parade and watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony take place at Centerpoint Plaza.
Fall Festival of the Arts – Dec. 6-8
Get a jump on holiday shopping at the Tempe Fall Festival of the Arts. From Dec. 6-8, 10 a.m.-dusk, the streets of the Mill Avenue District will be filled with up to 400 artist booths in a wide array of categories.
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade – Dec. 14
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade will take over Tempe Beach Park/Tempe Town Lake on Saturday, Dec. 14. The event opens to the public at 5 p.m., with Santa arriving at 6 p.m. and the boat parade starting at 7 p.m. Watch as boats adorned with festive holiday lights parade around the lake waters for your enjoyment. A main stage with live entertainment for families will be presented by Radio Disney and Santa will be taking children’s gift requests throughout the duration of the parade.
Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party – Dec. 31
Ring in 2014 with the Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue. Downtown Tempe will be transformed into one big celebration from University Drive down to Third Street. From 6 p.m.-1 a.m., visitors can take part in interactive games and activities, view musical entertainment on local band side stages and grab dinner or a late night snack from gourmet food trucks on hand. Take advantage of the beer & champagne gardens and high energy video dance stages at the intersections of Fifth and Mill and Sixth and Mill. For guests with young children, bring them to the Family Fun Zone powered by Radio Disney, running until 9 p.m. Participate in the countdown to midnight and when the clock strikes 12 witness a spectacular fireworks display and confetti blast.
Tickets can be purchased at participating Circle K stores or online at BlockPartyOnMill.com.
Discount tickets are available at participating Circle K stores until Dec. 29. Circle K customers who purchase qualifying Red Bull, Pepsi and Frito Lay products can get tickets for just $15 each. With the qualifying purchase of Budweiser, the price drops to $10.
Pop-Up Piano – Dec. 1-31
Starting on Dec. 1 and continuing through Dec. 31, a pop-up piano will be located at Fifth and Mill. You never know who might stop and play for visitors on the streets, so brush up on your “Jingle Bells,” because it could be you!
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night