The Mill Avenue District in Tempe has sights and sounds for the whole family this holiday season.
Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade – Nov. 29
For those with families in town for the Thanksgiving holidays, bring them out to the Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade on Friday, Nov. 29. The dazzling display of brightly lit parade units will roll down the streets of Mill Avenue from Third Street to Seventh Street, starting at 6 p.m. Stick around after the parade and watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony take place at Centerpoint Plaza.
Fall Festival of the Arts – Dec. 6-8
Get a jump on holiday shopping at the Tempe Fall Festival of the Arts. From Dec. 6-8, 10 a.m.-dusk, the streets of the Mill Avenue District will be filled with up to 400 artist booths in a wide array of categories.
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade – Dec. 14
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade will take over Tempe Beach Park/Tempe Town Lake on Saturday, Dec. 14. The event opens to the public at 5 p.m., with Santa arriving at 6 p.m. and the boat parade starting at 7 p.m. Watch as boats adorned with festive holiday lights parade around the lake waters for your enjoyment. A main stage with live entertainment for families will be presented by Radio Disney and Santa will be taking children’s gift requests throughout the duration of the parade.
Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party – Dec. 31
Ring in 2014 with the Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue. Downtown Tempe will be transformed into one big celebration from University Drive down to Third Street. From 6 p.m.-1 a.m., visitors can take part in interactive games and activities, view musical entertainment on local band side stages and grab dinner or a late night snack from gourmet food trucks on hand. Take advantage of the beer & champagne gardens and high energy video dance stages at the intersections of Fifth and Mill and Sixth and Mill. For guests with young children, bring them to the Family Fun Zone powered by Radio Disney, running until 9 p.m. Participate in the countdown to midnight and when the clock strikes 12 witness a spectacular fireworks display and confetti blast.
Tickets can be purchased at participating Circle K stores or online at BlockPartyOnMill.com.
Discount tickets are available at participating Circle K stores until Dec. 29. Circle K customers who purchase qualifying Red Bull, Pepsi and Frito Lay products can get tickets for just $15 each. With the qualifying purchase of Budweiser, the price drops to $10.
Pop-Up Piano – Dec. 1-31
Starting on Dec. 1 and continuing through Dec. 31, a pop-up piano will be located at Fifth and Mill. You never know who might stop and play for visitors on the streets, so brush up on your “Jingle Bells,” because it could be you!
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck