The Mill Avenue District in Tempe has sights and sounds for the whole family this holiday season.
Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade – Nov. 29
For those with families in town for the Thanksgiving holidays, bring them out to the Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade on Friday, Nov. 29. The dazzling display of brightly lit parade units will roll down the streets of Mill Avenue from Third Street to Seventh Street, starting at 6 p.m. Stick around after the parade and watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony take place at Centerpoint Plaza.
Fall Festival of the Arts – Dec. 6-8
Get a jump on holiday shopping at the Tempe Fall Festival of the Arts. From Dec. 6-8, 10 a.m.-dusk, the streets of the Mill Avenue District will be filled with up to 400 artist booths in a wide array of categories.
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade – Dec. 14
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade will take over Tempe Beach Park/Tempe Town Lake on Saturday, Dec. 14. The event opens to the public at 5 p.m., with Santa arriving at 6 p.m. and the boat parade starting at 7 p.m. Watch as boats adorned with festive holiday lights parade around the lake waters for your enjoyment. A main stage with live entertainment for families will be presented by Radio Disney and Santa will be taking children’s gift requests throughout the duration of the parade.
Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party – Dec. 31
Ring in 2014 with the Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue. Downtown Tempe will be transformed into one big celebration from University Drive down to Third Street. From 6 p.m.-1 a.m., visitors can take part in interactive games and activities, view musical entertainment on local band side stages and grab dinner or a late night snack from gourmet food trucks on hand. Take advantage of the beer & champagne gardens and high energy video dance stages at the intersections of Fifth and Mill and Sixth and Mill. For guests with young children, bring them to the Family Fun Zone powered by Radio Disney, running until 9 p.m. Participate in the countdown to midnight and when the clock strikes 12 witness a spectacular fireworks display and confetti blast.
Tickets can be purchased at participating Circle K stores or online at BlockPartyOnMill.com.
Discount tickets are available at participating Circle K stores until Dec. 29. Circle K customers who purchase qualifying Red Bull, Pepsi and Frito Lay products can get tickets for just $15 each. With the qualifying purchase of Budweiser, the price drops to $10.
Pop-Up Piano – Dec. 1-31
Starting on Dec. 1 and continuing through Dec. 31, a pop-up piano will be located at Fifth and Mill. You never know who might stop and play for visitors on the streets, so brush up on your “Jingle Bells,” because it could be you!
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick