The Mill Avenue District in Tempe has sights and sounds for the whole family this holiday season.
Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade – Nov. 29
For those with families in town for the Thanksgiving holidays, bring them out to the Fantasy of Lights Opening Night Parade on Friday, Nov. 29. The dazzling display of brightly lit parade units will roll down the streets of Mill Avenue from Third Street to Seventh Street, starting at 6 p.m. Stick around after the parade and watch the Tree Lighting Ceremony take place at Centerpoint Plaza.
Fall Festival of the Arts – Dec. 6-8
Get a jump on holiday shopping at the Tempe Fall Festival of the Arts. From Dec. 6-8, 10 a.m.-dusk, the streets of the Mill Avenue District will be filled with up to 400 artist booths in a wide array of categories.
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade – Dec. 14
The Fantasy of Lights Boat Parade will take over Tempe Beach Park/Tempe Town Lake on Saturday, Dec. 14. The event opens to the public at 5 p.m., with Santa arriving at 6 p.m. and the boat parade starting at 7 p.m. Watch as boats adorned with festive holiday lights parade around the lake waters for your enjoyment. A main stage with live entertainment for families will be presented by Radio Disney and Santa will be taking children’s gift requests throughout the duration of the parade.
Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party – Dec. 31
Ring in 2014 with the Circle K New Year’s Eve Block Party on Mill Avenue. Downtown Tempe will be transformed into one big celebration from University Drive down to Third Street. From 6 p.m.-1 a.m., visitors can take part in interactive games and activities, view musical entertainment on local band side stages and grab dinner or a late night snack from gourmet food trucks on hand. Take advantage of the beer & champagne gardens and high energy video dance stages at the intersections of Fifth and Mill and Sixth and Mill. For guests with young children, bring them to the Family Fun Zone powered by Radio Disney, running until 9 p.m. Participate in the countdown to midnight and when the clock strikes 12 witness a spectacular fireworks display and confetti blast.
Tickets can be purchased at participating Circle K stores or online at BlockPartyOnMill.com.
Discount tickets are available at participating Circle K stores until Dec. 29. Circle K customers who purchase qualifying Red Bull, Pepsi and Frito Lay products can get tickets for just $15 each. With the qualifying purchase of Budweiser, the price drops to $10.
Pop-Up Piano – Dec. 1-31
Starting on Dec. 1 and continuing through Dec. 31, a pop-up piano will be located at Fifth and Mill. You never know who might stop and play for visitors on the streets, so brush up on your “Jingle Bells,” because it could be you!
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments