The turkey’s cooked and your belly is full, but is your cell phone charged before you head out for the best Black Friday deals?
Tech expert Ken Colburn with Data Doctors warned that you’ll want your cell phone loaded with a worthwhile shopping app.
He rates the Amazon app as number one on his list, due in large part for its convenience.
“Amazon sells everything lately,” he said. “With its shopping app, you can scan any barcode and look up what Amazon sells it for.”
PC Magazine places Amazon’s shopping app third on its list with Buy Via and Red Laser first and second, respectively.
Buy Via placed top on the magazine’s list because of its extensive reach and a buyer’s guide that helps shoppers navigate technically-challenging product details.
Red Laser came in a close second for much of the same reasons, plus its bonus coupons.
Before you dive into the internet to buy every gift online, Colburn says there is a big price to pay on the backside of each holiday season as consumers use the shopping apps for online deals.
“These price check apps are great, but remember: If you don’t support your local retailer, they’ll all go away,” he warned. “[Then] you’ll have only one place to buy things, so keep that in mind as you make your purchasing decisions.”
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets