The turkey’s cooked and your belly is full, but is your cell phone charged before you head out for the best Black Friday deals?
Tech expert Ken Colburn with Data Doctors warned that you’ll want your cell phone loaded with a worthwhile shopping app.
He rates the Amazon app as number one on his list, due in large part for its convenience.
“Amazon sells everything lately,” he said. “With its shopping app, you can scan any barcode and look up what Amazon sells it for.”
PC Magazine places Amazon’s shopping app third on its list with Buy Via and Red Laser first and second, respectively.
Buy Via placed top on the magazine’s list because of its extensive reach and a buyer’s guide that helps shoppers navigate technically-challenging product details.
Red Laser came in a close second for much of the same reasons, plus its bonus coupons.
Before you dive into the internet to buy every gift online, Colburn says there is a big price to pay on the backside of each holiday season as consumers use the shopping apps for online deals.
“These price check apps are great, but remember: If you don’t support your local retailer, they’ll all go away,” he warned. “[Then] you’ll have only one place to buy things, so keep that in mind as you make your purchasing decisions.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night