The turkey’s cooked and your belly is full, but is your cell phone charged before you head out for the best Black Friday deals?
Tech expert Ken Colburn with Data Doctors warned that you’ll want your cell phone loaded with a worthwhile shopping app.
He rates the Amazon app as number one on his list, due in large part for its convenience.
“Amazon sells everything lately,” he said. “With its shopping app, you can scan any barcode and look up what Amazon sells it for.”
PC Magazine places Amazon’s shopping app third on its list with Buy Via and Red Laser first and second, respectively.
Buy Via placed top on the magazine’s list because of its extensive reach and a buyer’s guide that helps shoppers navigate technically-challenging product details.
Red Laser came in a close second for much of the same reasons, plus its bonus coupons.
Before you dive into the internet to buy every gift online, Colburn says there is a big price to pay on the backside of each holiday season as consumers use the shopping apps for online deals.
“These price check apps are great, but remember: If you don’t support your local retailer, they’ll all go away,” he warned. “[Then] you’ll have only one place to buy things, so keep that in mind as you make your purchasing decisions.”
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development