PHOENIX — Phoenix police are getting ready for the holiday rush.
With holiday shopping starting, they’ll be keeping a closer eye on the malls.
“We’re increasing our high-visibility patrols around our shopping centers,” said Phoenix Police Lt. Ben Leuschner. “You’re going to see a lot more enforcement going on with a lot of visibility of our marked patrol cars.”
Leuschner said that they’ll also have plain-clothes officers at the malls, and there are several things that you can do to keep yourself safe.
“Please be aware of your surroundings,” he said. “Please secure your property. Leaving presents in your car is a huge attraction for criminals. That’s what they’re looking for, so please put that out of sight and out of mind.”
Metrocenter and other Phoenix shopping malls will have employees who will escort shoppers to their car if you request it.
Police also encourage shoppers to park in a well-lit spot. If you’re shopping at night, don’t go alone. If someone tries to rob you, let them have your stuff. Nothing is worth risking your life. If someone grabs you, scream, kick and do whatever you can to get away.
Leuschner said if you see anything suspicious at the mall, call police.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick