Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR

Tempe infant burned when cooking oil spills

TEMPE, Ariz. — Tempe police are warning parents about the hazards of
allowing young children around cooking areas after an infant was severely burned
by hot cooking oil.

Police Sgt. Mike Pooley says an 8-month-old girl has severe burns to the face
and body after Wednesday afternoon’s incident.

Pooley says the baby’s grandmother was in the kitchen cooking a meal when the
child pulled the cord of an electric skillet filled with cooking oil. The
burning oil and food fell from the counter onto the child.

Pooley did not identify the child but said she was hospitalized.


comments powered by Disqus