PHOENIX — A new service is helping travelers pay for their vacation while they’re away.
Instead of letting their car sit in the airport parking lot racking up charges for a week, a company called Flight Car will rent the car to a visitor.
“It’s fully insured up to $1 million dollars,” said Rujul Zaparde, Flight Car’s 19-year-old CEO. “We pick you up and drop you off curbside at the airport in a town car service, which is like a limo. We’ll vacuum and wash your car, regardless of whether it gets rented or not, and the parking is always free.”
Owners can make $20 to $40 per car by allowing Flight Car to rent their vehicle.
The vehicles must be newer than 2001, in good condition, and have 150,000 miles or less. The travelers must be willing to make their cars available to Flight Car for a minimum of seven days.
The company will, in turn, rent the cars out to customers at as much as 50 percent less than what agencies like Hertz and Avis charge for a comparable rental.
The service is available only in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Boston right now. There are plans to expand, but no word on when the company might set up shop at Sky Harbor.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas