PHOENIX — The holidays are a busy time around the house and somethings fall by the wayside, but that could be fatal to the family pet.
There are several Thanksgiving dangers that could potentially kill a furry member of the family.
“Even if pets don’t normally do it, sometimes it’s really hard to resist,” said Emily Sinur with the Arizona Animal Welfare League. “Certain foods can be dangerous and lead to serious gastrointestinal upset.”
Chocolate isn’t the only food too keep away from your animal. Here’s a small list:
Bones and turkey legs
Batter with raw eggs
Rich or spicy foods
The AAWL suggests that while you chow down, offer your animal made-for-pet chew bones. You can also stuff their usual food, perhaps with a few added tidbits of turkey, vegetables (sweet potato or green beans) or put dribbles of gravy in a Kong toy.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon