PHOENIX — Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain met with small and large business owners during two separate town hall meetings held in Tucson and Mesa on Monday.
“These town hall meetings are important to hear from people as to what Obamacare is doing to them,” said McCain.
Business owners had the opportunity to ask questions on a variety of topics, but the Affordable Care Act dominated both events.
“We share your frustration. Keep in mind, some of us from the beginning have said this model will not work and so we’ve been looking to change it, delay it or repeal it and replace it with something that works,” said Flake.
The common concern expressed by citizens in both Tucson and Mesa is the costs associated with the law and the threat of loss of coverage because of the requirements under the new law.
Mccain said he’s confident changes to the law will be made before the 2014 election.
“Whether they;re enough, I cant say, but as many as 10 Democrats are deathly afraid.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon