PHOENIX — Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain met with small and large business owners during two separate town hall meetings held in Tucson and Mesa on Monday.
“These town hall meetings are important to hear from people as to what Obamacare is doing to them,” said McCain.
Business owners had the opportunity to ask questions on a variety of topics, but the Affordable Care Act dominated both events.
“We share your frustration. Keep in mind, some of us from the beginning have said this model will not work and so we’ve been looking to change it, delay it or repeal it and replace it with something that works,” said Flake.
The common concern expressed by citizens in both Tucson and Mesa is the costs associated with the law and the threat of loss of coverage because of the requirements under the new law.
Mccain said he’s confident changes to the law will be made before the 2014 election.
“Whether they;re enough, I cant say, but as many as 10 Democrats are deathly afraid.”
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.