PHOENIX — Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain met with small and large business owners during two separate town hall meetings held in Tucson and Mesa on Monday.
“These town hall meetings are important to hear from people as to what Obamacare is doing to them,” said McCain.
Business owners had the opportunity to ask questions on a variety of topics, but the Affordable Care Act dominated both events.
“We share your frustration. Keep in mind, some of us from the beginning have said this model will not work and so we’ve been looking to change it, delay it or repeal it and replace it with something that works,” said Flake.
The common concern expressed by citizens in both Tucson and Mesa is the costs associated with the law and the threat of loss of coverage because of the requirements under the new law.
Mccain said he’s confident changes to the law will be made before the 2014 election.
“Whether they;re enough, I cant say, but as many as 10 Democrats are deathly afraid.”
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night