PHOENIX — Senators Jeff Flake and John McCain met with small and large business owners during two separate town hall meetings held in Tucson and Mesa on Monday.
“These town hall meetings are important to hear from people as to what Obamacare is doing to them,” said McCain.
Business owners had the opportunity to ask questions on a variety of topics, but the Affordable Care Act dominated both events.
“We share your frustration. Keep in mind, some of us from the beginning have said this model will not work and so we’ve been looking to change it, delay it or repeal it and replace it with something that works,” said Flake.
The common concern expressed by citizens in both Tucson and Mesa is the costs associated with the law and the threat of loss of coverage because of the requirements under the new law.
Mccain said he’s confident changes to the law will be made before the 2014 election.
“Whether they;re enough, I cant say, but as many as 10 Democrats are deathly afraid.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments