PHOENIX — Hundreds of people gathered Monday to say goodbye to former Arizona lawmaker Ben Miranda, who died suddenly from heart failure at the age of 64.
“He was a beautiful person,” said long-time friend Gina Mendoza. “We had a chance to say our final goodbyes the day before he died.”
Miranda served in the Arizona House from 2003 through 2010. His’s wife,
Catherine Miranda, now holds the seat.
Before Miranda served in the House, he served in Vietnam and was awarded the Bronze Star.
The beloved activist and attorney will best be remembered for being a champion of education, his generous nature and kind spirit.
The Associated Press contributed to this story.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development