PHOENIX — A fight between two employees at a popular downtown Phoenix restaurant ended with a stabbing death Monday morning.
Phoenix police confirmed one person died and another was injured at the Titled Kilt at Second and Jefferson streets. Both workers were part of the kitchen staff. Police said other workers heard yelling coming from the kitchen and the sounds of a struggle, but no one saw the fight.
The suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Javier Romero. He was booked Monday on one count of second-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault on a police officer.
Romero suffered minor injuries and was taken to a hospital. Police said the injuries were self-inflicted after the killing.
The victim, 26-year-old Miguel “Mike” Angel Hernandez had worked at the restaurant for three years.
The cause of the fight has not been determined.
In a statement, the restaurant said it would be closed until Friday.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night