PHOENIX — A fight between two employees at a popular downtown Phoenix restaurant ended with a stabbing death Monday morning.
Phoenix police confirmed one person died and another was injured at the Titled Kilt at Second and Jefferson streets. Both workers were part of the kitchen staff. Police said other workers heard yelling coming from the kitchen and the sounds of a struggle, but no one saw the fight.
The suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Javier Romero. He was booked Monday on one count of second-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault on a police officer.
Romero suffered minor injuries and was taken to a hospital. Police said the injuries were self-inflicted after the killing.
The victim, 26-year-old Miguel “Mike” Angel Hernandez had worked at the restaurant for three years.
The cause of the fight has not been determined.
In a statement, the restaurant said it would be closed until Friday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon