PHOENIX — A fight between two employees at a popular downtown Phoenix restaurant ended with a stabbing death Monday morning.
Phoenix police confirmed one person died and another was injured at the Titled Kilt at Second and Jefferson streets. Both workers were part of the kitchen staff. Police said other workers heard yelling coming from the kitchen and the sounds of a struggle, but no one saw the fight.
The suspect has been identified as 23-year-old Javier Romero. He was booked Monday on one count of second-degree murder and one count of aggravated assault on a police officer.
Romero suffered minor injuries and was taken to a hospital. Police said the injuries were self-inflicted after the killing.
The victim, 26-year-old Miguel “Mike” Angel Hernandez had worked at the restaurant for three years.
The cause of the fight has not been determined.
In a statement, the restaurant said it would be closed until Friday.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier