PHOENIX — A male and a female were both killed in a rollover crash early Sunday morning near Laveen, according to KNXV-TV.
The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said the victims’ car was heading north on 51st Avenue at approximately 4 a.m. when the driver of a 4-door Lexus lost control near Estrella Drive and rolled the car several times. The car came to rest in front of a nearby home.
High speed has determined to be a factor in the crash. Authorities are still investigating as to whether alcohol also played part.
Both victims were 26 years old and were not wearing their seatbelts. Their names have not yet been released.
The intersection of 51st Avenue and Carver Road through Estrella Drive has since been reopened.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy