PHOENIX — Two drivers involved a head-on collision on Saturday have been declared dead, according to the Phoenix Police Department.
At approximately 6:40 p.m. on Nov. 23, Francisco Carranza, 50, was heading northbound on 83rd Avenue when he drove his 1999 Ford Expedition over the center line and collided head-on with a 2002 Chevrolet Tahoe at 83rd Avenue and Pomo Street.
The driver, 41-year-old Miriam Gonzalez, and Carranza both died at the scene.
While the investigation is on-going, Carranza was believed to be traveling at a high speed.
A third car also collided with the two vehicles, and the occupants were taken to a hospital with minor injuries.
Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said Carranza’s Expedition had been involved in another collision just prior to the fatal one and had fled the scene.
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick