PHOENIX — A new record for rainfall on Nov. 22 in Phoenix was set Friday, the National Weather Service said.
As of 4 p.m. Friday, Phoenix had received 1.22 inches of rain. The previous record for Nov. 22 was set in 1973, when a half-inch of rain fell.
The NWS said the record total is likely to rise as the Valley continued to receive rain.
Prior to Friday, the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport rain gauge hadn’t measured any rain since Sept. 9. Rain began falling in the Valley Thursday night.
Thursday, Yuma broke a 129-year-old single-day mark with more than a third of an inch.
Northern Arizona was hit with snow Friday. Areas of Flagstaff reported receiving between one and four inches.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America