PHOENIX — A new record for rainfall on Nov. 22 in Phoenix was set Friday, the National Weather Service said.
As of 4 p.m. Friday, Phoenix had received 1.22 inches of rain. The previous record for Nov. 22 was set in 1973, when a half-inch of rain fell.
The NWS said the record total is likely to rise as the Valley continued to receive rain.
Prior to Friday, the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport rain gauge hadn’t measured any rain since Sept. 9. Rain began falling in the Valley Thursday night.
Thursday, Yuma broke a 129-year-old single-day mark with more than a third of an inch.
Northern Arizona was hit with snow Friday. Areas of Flagstaff reported receiving between one and four inches.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food