PHOENIX — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie took a moment away from a Friday meeting with Cindy McCain about sex trafficking to take a jab at both President Barack Obama and Congress.
Christie said Obama refuses to engage and Congress can’t even talk to each other. He said he’s not surprised Congress has an approval rating of 9 percent and that he would like to meet those who think Congress is doing a good job.
“I don’t care if you’re a Democrat or a Republican,” he said. “You look at this and say ‘I love this?’ What’s going on down there is fabulous and I want more of it? I’d love to get a slew of former federal agents who want something to do. Find that 9 percent.”
Christie said there’s no other way to look at the current state in Washington, D.C. as anything but an abject failure.
“Whether it’s immigration reform or any of the other issues like tax reform or entitlement reform — which we desperately need for this country to be secure long-term economically — all of the difficult issues that need to be addressed, nobody wants to wants to address them. They’re too busy fighting with each other.”
Christie was in Phoenix as part of the Republican Governors Association Convention, which ran through Friday.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon