PHOENIX — The man considered by many to be the frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 said Thursday he’s not thinking about a White House run.
“I’m two weeks out of a campaign, I’m not looking to start speculating about other campaigns already,” New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said. “We’ve got 2014 to deal with (mid-term elections), that’s what we’re going to deal with.”
Christie is in Phoenix with the Republican Governors Association, the group he formally took leadership of at this gathering.
Christie touched on the topic of immigration, saying the system is broken but he wouldn’t say if he favors a pathway to citizenship or give specifics about possible solutions. But he said Congress needs to get to work.
“They’re going have to see what they can get a majority of votes for in both houses of Congress that the president will sign.”
Indiana Gov. Mike Pence is also among those being mentioned as a possible GOP presidential-nominee contender. He believed border security and a 21st-century guest worker program can work hand in hand as pieces of solving the broken immigration system.
“You could work with private sector firms in the employment placement business to contract that could manage a biometric visa program.”
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development