PHOENIX — The families of the 19 fallen Yarnell hotshots will serve as grand marshals in the Fiesta Bowl Parade.
“We are honored to have the Yarnell Hill families lead this year’s Fiesta Bowl Parade,” Fiesta Bowl Board Chairman Brian Hall said in a press release. “Their husbands, fathers, sons and brothers are Arizona heroes who will never be forgotten. We hope everyone in the Valley will come together at the parade and show their appreciation for the sacrifices made by these families.”
The families said in a joint statement the parade would be another opportunity for them to share the stories of the hotshots that were killed fighting the Yarnell Hill Fire in northern Arizona on June 30.
The families were also invited to attend the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.
The parade will be held Dec. 28 at 11 a.m. in downtown Phoenix.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon