PHOENIX — The cost of a holiday turkey dinner with all the trimmings is going up a bit. The price tag this year on a Thanksgiving dinner for an Arizona family of 10 will cost $48.63.
Last year it was about $47.
The Arizona Farm Bureau said without factoring in store coupons or specials, the cost of a 16-pound turkey purchased in Arizona this year was $20.80, or $1.30 per pound. That reflects an increase of 10 cents per pound, or $1.60 from last year, but still cheaper than the $50-plus shoppers paid five years ago.
For a third consecutive year, the bureau conducted an organic price survey on the basic food items found on a typical Thanksgiving dinner table.
The organic dinner with all the trimmings will cost nearly twice that of the non-organic meal. The biggest ticket item was a 16-pound organic turkey at $48, or $3 per pound.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier