PHOENIX — The cost of a holiday turkey dinner with all the trimmings is going up a bit. The price tag this year on a Thanksgiving dinner for an Arizona family of 10 will cost $48.63.
Last year it was about $47.
The Arizona Farm Bureau said without factoring in store coupons or specials, the cost of a 16-pound turkey purchased in Arizona this year was $20.80, or $1.30 per pound. That reflects an increase of 10 cents per pound, or $1.60 from last year, but still cheaper than the $50-plus shoppers paid five years ago.
For a third consecutive year, the bureau conducted an organic price survey on the basic food items found on a typical Thanksgiving dinner table.
The organic dinner with all the trimmings will cost nearly twice that of the non-organic meal. The biggest ticket item was a 16-pound organic turkey at $48, or $3 per pound.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development