PHOENIX — The cost of a holiday turkey dinner with all the trimmings is going up a bit. The price tag this year on a Thanksgiving dinner for an Arizona family of 10 will cost $48.63.
Last year it was about $47.
The Arizona Farm Bureau said without factoring in store coupons or specials, the cost of a 16-pound turkey purchased in Arizona this year was $20.80, or $1.30 per pound. That reflects an increase of 10 cents per pound, or $1.60 from last year, but still cheaper than the $50-plus shoppers paid five years ago.
For a third consecutive year, the bureau conducted an organic price survey on the basic food items found on a typical Thanksgiving dinner table.
The organic dinner with all the trimmings will cost nearly twice that of the non-organic meal. The biggest ticket item was a 16-pound organic turkey at $48, or $3 per pound.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments