KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• LA Fitness will close three recently acquired 24 Hour Fitness locations in Mesa, Glendale and Scottsdale. The company says members of those clubs will be given access to all of the other Arizona locations without an increase to their monthly fees. LA Fitness is also checking with employees of the affected clubs to see if they might be interested in positions in other locations.
• There is a big job fair Thursday, exclusively for Arizona State University and University of Arizona alums. More than 75 major local and national employers will be at Chase Field from 12:30 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. VIP access is available starting at 11 a.m. for $10. Companies such as Amazon, Avnet, Inc. and Edward Jones will be there.
• Hotel occupancy rates are hovering at 15-year highs, according to a new Cicero Group study. The group found more than 40 percent of U.S. and Canadian hotel owners are planning major renovations over the next year. Nearly 30 percent are planning to get work done in the next six months.
- Phoenix not among cities bidding on 2026 FIFA World Cup
- Some students won’t pay more under Arizona university tuition proposals
- Bad decisions probably caused plane crash that killed Scottsdale family
- Ex-Scottsdale cheerleading coach gets prison in sexual abuse case
- Here are the best Irish pubs in the Valley to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day