PHOENIX — Traffic may be getting heavier near 51st Avenue and Buckeye Road, due to new jobs in the area.
“Amazon is hiring several thousand seasonal employees again this year for their facility at 51st Avenue and Mohave, which is just south of Buckeye,” said Denise Yanez, a program manager with the City of Phoenix’s Community and Economic Development Department. “As a result, we will be experiencing an increase in traffic in the area.”
Yanez said that the city is concerned about potential traffic jams Monday through Friday throughout the holiday season, “particularly between the hours of 5:30 and 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 and 7:30 p.m.”
“We want to make everyone aware, so they can allow for additional travel time and use caution, as well,” said Yanez.
Electronic message boards alerting drivers to congestion will be placed in the area, and police will be nearby monitoring the traffic flow during the morning and afternoon rush hours.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon