Millions of Americans are getting ready for a Turkey Day road trip, and Triple-A’s report on Thanksgiving holiday travel revealed that lots of Arizonans will be among them.
“More than 856,000 Arizonans will be traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday,” said Triple-A Arizona Public Affairs Supervisor Michelle Donati, a figure that is about the same as last year’s.
Nationally, Thanksgiving travel will be about 1.5 percent less than last year. The report says that 43.4 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more for the holiday.
Donati said that slower economies in some states are keeping more people closer to home this season.
With gas prices around $3 a gallon, Donati said there is some good news for those who head out on the road.
“State and nationwide, drivers will pay the lowest gas prices for Thanksgiving since 2010,” she said.
Donati said that 9 out of 10 Americans who travel over Thanksgiving will be doing it by car.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night