Millions of Americans are getting ready for a Turkey Day road trip, and Triple-A’s report on Thanksgiving holiday travel revealed that lots of Arizonans will be among them.
“More than 856,000 Arizonans will be traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday,” said Triple-A Arizona Public Affairs Supervisor Michelle Donati, a figure that is about the same as last year’s.
Nationally, Thanksgiving travel will be about 1.5 percent less than last year. The report says that 43.4 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more for the holiday.
Donati said that slower economies in some states are keeping more people closer to home this season.
With gas prices around $3 a gallon, Donati said there is some good news for those who head out on the road.
“State and nationwide, drivers will pay the lowest gas prices for Thanksgiving since 2010,” she said.
Donati said that 9 out of 10 Americans who travel over Thanksgiving will be doing it by car.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon