Millions of Americans are getting ready for a Turkey Day road trip, and Triple-A’s report on Thanksgiving holiday travel revealed that lots of Arizonans will be among them.
“More than 856,000 Arizonans will be traveling over the Thanksgiving holiday,” said Triple-A Arizona Public Affairs Supervisor Michelle Donati, a figure that is about the same as last year’s.
Nationally, Thanksgiving travel will be about 1.5 percent less than last year. The report says that 43.4 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more for the holiday.
Donati said that slower economies in some states are keeping more people closer to home this season.
With gas prices around $3 a gallon, Donati said there is some good news for those who head out on the road.
“State and nationwide, drivers will pay the lowest gas prices for Thanksgiving since 2010,” she said.
Donati said that 9 out of 10 Americans who travel over Thanksgiving will be doing it by car.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck