“Hunger Games: Catching Fire” opens in theaters this weekend, but you can beat everyone to the theater by seeing the movie tonight.
And it’s for a good cause.
The Harkins Superstition Springs 25 will have special showings of the movie in two theaters Wednesday at 8 p.m. Proceeds from the screenings will benefit the Mesa High School Marching band.
“They’re playing off the national passion of ‘Hunger Games’ by doing a preview showing of ‘Catching Fire’ tonight as a fundraiser,” said Mesa District Spokeswoman Helen Hollands.
Tickets are $15 and the money raised will be used to send the band to a bowl game.
“They’ve been invited to march in the Big Bay Balloon Parade in San Diego, California and perform at the Holiday Bowl this year,” said Hollands.
The band’s hard work continues to pay off.
“They just recently, this past weekend, won their second Division II State Championship title,” Hollands said. “We’re very proud of them.”
You can buy tickets to tonight’s fundraiser at mhsbandboosters.org.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon