PHOENIX — There will be some big changes for Arizona outdoor lovers in 2014.
The changes are coming in the Arizona hunting and fishing licenses. Jim Paxon with Arizona Game and Fish said the changes include reducing the price of a combination hunting/fishing license for kids from $26.50 to $5.
“This will make it easier on the pocketbook and getting these youngsters out because they’re the outdoorsmen of tomorrow,” he said. “We’ll be able to track them and that’s important because we’ll be able to see if we’re increasing the number of hunters and fishermen.”
The new price will apply to kids aged 10 to 17
The former structure of more than 40 license and stamp options will be reduced to six license options and a single migratory bird stamp for the taking of doves, band-tailed pigeons, ducks and geese.
Most licenses will have bundled privileges offering more value. For example, fishing licenses and combination hunt/fish licenses will include trout, two-pole and community fishing privileges. Licenses (other than the short-term) will be valid for one year from the date of purchase instead of just for the calendar year.
For more information, click here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier