PHOENIX — There will be some big changes for Arizona outdoor lovers in 2014.
The changes are coming in the Arizona hunting and fishing licenses. Jim Paxon with Arizona Game and Fish said the changes include reducing the price of a combination hunting/fishing license for kids from $26.50 to $5.
“This will make it easier on the pocketbook and getting these youngsters out because they’re the outdoorsmen of tomorrow,” he said. “We’ll be able to track them and that’s important because we’ll be able to see if we’re increasing the number of hunters and fishermen.”
The new price will apply to kids aged 10 to 17
The former structure of more than 40 license and stamp options will be reduced to six license options and a single migratory bird stamp for the taking of doves, band-tailed pigeons, ducks and geese.
Most licenses will have bundled privileges offering more value. For example, fishing licenses and combination hunt/fish licenses will include trout, two-pole and community fishing privileges. Licenses (other than the short-term) will be valid for one year from the date of purchase instead of just for the calendar year.
For more information, click here.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night