PHOENIX — There will be some big changes for Arizona outdoor lovers in 2014.
The changes are coming in the Arizona hunting and fishing licenses. Jim Paxon with Arizona Game and Fish said the changes include reducing the price of a combination hunting/fishing license for kids from $26.50 to $5.
“This will make it easier on the pocketbook and getting these youngsters out because they’re the outdoorsmen of tomorrow,” he said. “We’ll be able to track them and that’s important because we’ll be able to see if we’re increasing the number of hunters and fishermen.”
The new price will apply to kids aged 10 to 17
The former structure of more than 40 license and stamp options will be reduced to six license options and a single migratory bird stamp for the taking of doves, band-tailed pigeons, ducks and geese.
Most licenses will have bundled privileges offering more value. For example, fishing licenses and combination hunt/fish licenses will include trout, two-pole and community fishing privileges. Licenses (other than the short-term) will be valid for one year from the date of purchase instead of just for the calendar year.
For more information, click here.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy