SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — When the stock market closes better than 20 percent in one year, it generally offers the promise of a following year in the black, an analyst said.
The Dow reached 16,000 for the first time in history Monday and Jeff Junior with Trajan Wealth said now is the time to rework your financial portfolios. The market will eventually correct itself and those with a 401(k) may want to take some money out of stocks and invest in bonds or something slightly safer.
“Because when the market does correct they won’t have so much exposure and they won’t lose as much,” he explained.
But Junior doesn’t expect a stock market correction and, in fact, sees it continuing to go up.
“We haven’t had a major correction in the past two years which is a little scary,” he said. “We want corrections. When we continue to build and build then something is bound to correct. Back in 2007 and 2008 everybody became greedy before the market corrected and they got hurt.”
Junior said the government is pumping $85 billion into the economy and interest rates could be low for the next couple of years and that’s why he sees the market continuing to go up.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier