SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — When the stock market closes better than 20 percent in one year, it generally offers the promise of a following year in the black, an analyst said.
The Dow reached 16,000 for the first time in history Monday and Jeff Junior with Trajan Wealth said now is the time to rework your financial portfolios. The market will eventually correct itself and those with a 401(k) may want to take some money out of stocks and invest in bonds or something slightly safer.
“Because when the market does correct they won’t have so much exposure and they won’t lose as much,” he explained.
But Junior doesn’t expect a stock market correction and, in fact, sees it continuing to go up.
“We haven’t had a major correction in the past two years which is a little scary,” he said. “We want corrections. When we continue to build and build then something is bound to correct. Back in 2007 and 2008 everybody became greedy before the market corrected and they got hurt.”
Junior said the government is pumping $85 billion into the economy and interest rates could be low for the next couple of years and that’s why he sees the market continuing to go up.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon