PHOENIX — Four Arizona schools are among nearly 300 across the country to earn National Blue Ribbon Schools recognition, an honor from the U.S. Department of Education for high achievements and outstanding improvements.
They include Chandler Traditional Academy – Liberty Campus in Chandler, Xavier College Preparatory Roman Catholic High School in Phoenix, Sabino High School in Tucson, and Francisco Vasquez de Coronado Elementary School in Nogales.
“Each of the recognized schools send a strong message that, despite the very real challenges that both students and families and communities face, with great teaching, great principals, hard work and vital support, every student can achieve the American dream,” said U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan in a video statement.
Since the National Blue Ribbons Schools program began in 1982, more than 7,000 schools have received recognition. To get more details on this year’s Arizona winners, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon