PHOENIX — Police are searching for a good Samaritan who helped save a woman’s life after a crash last week.
On their Facebook page, Phoenix police said a 73-year-old woman, identified only as Joan, was driving near Third Avenue and Bell on Nov. 13. She made a left-hand turn and was struck by an oncoming vehicle, causing her car to flip and spin multiple times.
“Her arm was out the window,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Sadly, the vehicle landed, pinning her left arm under the car after the collision.”
Joan’s arm was nearly severed. When police arrived, they found a 25- to 30-year-old man had used his belt as a tourniquet and had squeezed himself under the vehicle to comfort Joan.
“In speaking with some of the medical personnel at the hospital, they indicated that the actions of this particular individual…saved her life,” Martos said.
Joan was eventually cut free and hospitalized, but lost her arm.
Police looked for the individual after Joan was transported, but he had left the area.
Martos said both police and Joan’s family would like to locate the man to thank him.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development