PHOENIX — Police are searching for a good Samaritan who helped save a woman’s life after a crash last week.
On their Facebook page, Phoenix police said a 73-year-old woman, identified only as Joan, was driving near Third Avenue and Bell on Nov. 13. She made a left-hand turn and was struck by an oncoming vehicle, causing her car to flip and spin multiple times.
“Her arm was out the window,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Sadly, the vehicle landed, pinning her left arm under the car after the collision.”
Joan’s arm was nearly severed. When police arrived, they found a 25- to 30-year-old man had used his belt as a tourniquet and had squeezed himself under the vehicle to comfort Joan.
“In speaking with some of the medical personnel at the hospital, they indicated that the actions of this particular individual…saved her life,” Martos said.
Joan was eventually cut free and hospitalized, but lost her arm.
Police looked for the individual after Joan was transported, but he had left the area.
Martos said both police and Joan’s family would like to locate the man to thank him.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night