PHOENIX — Police are searching for a good Samaritan who helped save a woman’s life after a crash last week.
On their Facebook page, Phoenix police said a 73-year-old woman, identified only as Joan, was driving near Third Avenue and Bell on Nov. 13. She made a left-hand turn and was struck by an oncoming vehicle, causing her car to flip and spin multiple times.
“Her arm was out the window,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Sadly, the vehicle landed, pinning her left arm under the car after the collision.”
Joan’s arm was nearly severed. When police arrived, they found a 25- to 30-year-old man had used his belt as a tourniquet and had squeezed himself under the vehicle to comfort Joan.
“In speaking with some of the medical personnel at the hospital, they indicated that the actions of this particular individual…saved her life,” Martos said.
Joan was eventually cut free and hospitalized, but lost her arm.
Police looked for the individual after Joan was transported, but he had left the area.
Martos said both police and Joan’s family would like to locate the man to thank him.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.