PHOENIX — Police are searching for a good Samaritan who helped save a woman’s life after a crash last week.
On their Facebook page, Phoenix police said a 73-year-old woman, identified only as Joan, was driving near Third Avenue and Bell on Nov. 13. She made a left-hand turn and was struck by an oncoming vehicle, causing her car to flip and spin multiple times.
“Her arm was out the window,” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Steve Martos. “Sadly, the vehicle landed, pinning her left arm under the car after the collision.”
Joan’s arm was nearly severed. When police arrived, they found a 25- to 30-year-old man had used his belt as a tourniquet and had squeezed himself under the vehicle to comfort Joan.
“In speaking with some of the medical personnel at the hospital, they indicated that the actions of this particular individual…saved her life,” Martos said.
Joan was eventually cut free and hospitalized, but lost her arm.
Police looked for the individual after Joan was transported, but he had left the area.
Martos said both police and Joan’s family would like to locate the man to thank him.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy