PHOENIX — A half-dozen employees of the Arizona Medical Board who lost their jobs plan to file a notice of claims for wrongful termination.
The group plans to formally announce the action Tuesday afternoon, according to lawyers representing the group. A claim generally precedes a lawsuit.
Former board officials Lisa Wynn and Amanda Diehl were also named in the claim. Wynn was executive director and was fired last month, shortly after an independent report said that claims the board took shortcuts in licensing doctors were valid. Diehl was deputy director.
The fired employees said they had each told the board of concerns that new policies and procedures that went into effect in the fall of 2011 were illegal.
Wynn has denied purposefully breaking the law.
The board will be the subject of a special joint meeting of the Arizona Legislature of the House Committee on Health and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee on Wednesday morning.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food