PHOENIX — A half-dozen employees of the Arizona Medical Board who lost their jobs plan to file a notice of claims for wrongful termination.
The group plans to formally announce the action Tuesday afternoon, according to lawyers representing the group. A claim generally precedes a lawsuit.
Former board officials Lisa Wynn and Amanda Diehl were also named in the claim. Wynn was executive director and was fired last month, shortly after an independent report said that claims the board took shortcuts in licensing doctors were valid. Diehl was deputy director.
The fired employees said they had each told the board of concerns that new policies and procedures that went into effect in the fall of 2011 were illegal.
Wynn has denied purposefully breaking the law.
The board will be the subject of a special joint meeting of the Arizona Legislature of the House Committee on Health and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee on Wednesday morning.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier