PHOENIX — A half-dozen employees of the Arizona Medical Board who lost their jobs plan to file a notice of claims for wrongful termination.
The group plans to formally announce the action Tuesday afternoon, according to lawyers representing the group. A claim generally precedes a lawsuit.
Former board officials Lisa Wynn and Amanda Diehl were also named in the claim. Wynn was executive director and was fired last month, shortly after an independent report said that claims the board took shortcuts in licensing doctors were valid. Diehl was deputy director.
The fired employees said they had each told the board of concerns that new policies and procedures that went into effect in the fall of 2011 were illegal.
Wynn has denied purposefully breaking the law.
The board will be the subject of a special joint meeting of the Arizona Legislature of the House Committee on Health and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee on Wednesday morning.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development