PHOENIX — A half-dozen employees of the Arizona Medical Board who lost their jobs plan to file a notice of claims for wrongful termination.
The group plans to formally announce the action Tuesday afternoon, according to lawyers representing the group. A claim generally precedes a lawsuit.
Former board officials Lisa Wynn and Amanda Diehl were also named in the claim. Wynn was executive director and was fired last month, shortly after an independent report said that claims the board took shortcuts in licensing doctors were valid. Diehl was deputy director.
The fired employees said they had each told the board of concerns that new policies and procedures that went into effect in the fall of 2011 were illegal.
Wynn has denied purposefully breaking the law.
The board will be the subject of a special joint meeting of the Arizona Legislature of the House Committee on Health and the Senate Health and Human Services Committee on Wednesday morning.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night