PHOENIX — A Downtown Phoenix neighborhood will soon have a new look.
PHXHotel, LLC, the company that owns the Renaissance Hotel in Phoenix, will be renovating Adams Street between Central Avenue and 2nd Street in the latest Downtown Phoenix redevelopment project. It will feature new sidewalks, landscaping and lighting.
“It’s making a new investment to try to make the experience of walking up and down Adams Street be as great of an experience as some of the new properties that recently made infrastructure improvements,” said Eric Johnson, deputy economic development director with the city of Phoenix.
Johnson said that these new improvements will have a positive economic impact.
“Some of the economic activity will be the construction of new commercial, retail or restaurant spaces and bringing those areas closer to the public area,” Johnson said.
With PHXHotel, LLC footing the bill, no taxpayer dollars are expected to be used in the project. No date has been set for the construction to begin.
The contract between the city of Phoenix and PHXHotel, LLC states that construction must be completed by October 28, 2017.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Business group ‘strongly supports’ Talking Stick Resort Arena renovations
- Breakfast joint Snooze to open sixth Valley location in downtown Phoenix
- Arizona pays tribute to Pearl Harbor heroes during Phoenix event
- Unwrapping fun: Tamale Festival set for downtown Phoenix
- Alcohol-friendly Taco Bell Cantina coming to downtown Phoenix