PHOENIX — Paramedics with the Scottsdale Fire Department responded to a report of a rollover with a person pinned under a vehicle near 132nd Street and Larkspur Drive early Sunday morning.
Upon arrival to the scene, extrication crews found a conscious and alert male driver, trapped within and under the vehicle.
A spokesperson with the SFD said that the crews were able to stabilize the vehicle while paramedics addressed patient care. The patient was safely removed from the car and then transported to Scottsdale Osborn Trauma Center.
According to ABC15.com, the 17-year-old driver is being treated for life-threatening injuries. Two other passengers, both 16 years of age, escaped the rollover with minor injuries.
At this time it is unknown if alcohol was a factor, and there are no current updates as to the 17-year-old’s status.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development