PHOENIX — Paramedics with the Scottsdale Fire Department responded to a report of a rollover with a person pinned under a vehicle near 132nd Street and Larkspur Drive early Sunday morning.
Upon arrival to the scene, extrication crews found a conscious and alert male driver, trapped within and under the vehicle.
A spokesperson with the SFD said that the crews were able to stabilize the vehicle while paramedics addressed patient care. The patient was safely removed from the car and then transported to Scottsdale Osborn Trauma Center.
According to ABC15.com, the 17-year-old driver is being treated for life-threatening injuries. Two other passengers, both 16 years of age, escaped the rollover with minor injuries.
At this time it is unknown if alcohol was a factor, and there are no current updates as to the 17-year-old’s status.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night