PHOENIX — A man has been arrested after robbing a bank and then fleeing on a city bus.
The man arrived at the Bank of America near Southern Avenue and McClintock Drive in a taxi. He then entered the bank and slipped a note to a teller demanding money, according to Lt. Jeff Glover with the Tempe Police Department.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank and ran back to the taxi, but the driver refused to let him in.
Glover said the man then crossed the street and got onto a waiting city bus, where he approached several passengers.
“He tried to lobby them to buy clothing from him so he can change his clothes,” said Glover.
The man got off the bus at Southern Avenue and Rural Road and entered a Walmart store, where he purchased new clothes.
Police later found the man near College and Southern Avenues. He was arrested without incident.
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck