PHOENIX — A man has been arrested after robbing a bank and then fleeing on a city bus.
The man arrived at the Bank of America near Southern Avenue and McClintock Drive in a taxi. He then entered the bank and slipped a note to a teller demanding money, according to Lt. Jeff Glover with the Tempe Police Department.
After receiving an undisclosed amount of money, the man left the bank and ran back to the taxi, but the driver refused to let him in.
Glover said the man then crossed the street and got onto a waiting city bus, where he approached several passengers.
“He tried to lobby them to buy clothing from him so he can change his clothes,” said Glover.
The man got off the bus at Southern Avenue and Rural Road and entered a Walmart store, where he purchased new clothes.
Police later found the man near College and Southern Avenues. He was arrested without incident.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development