PHOENIX — City leaders are slowly chipping away at homelessness and a new housing unit will help in their fight.
“It’s so great that our mayor, who’s working with all of these non-profits, is putting an end to homelessness with our veterans,” said Phoenix City Councilman Michael Nowakowski.”Now, it’s time to make sure every senior has a place to live.”
The Cesar Chavez Foundation partnered with the city to build and dedicate Paseo Abeytia, a state-of-the-art, 46-unit affordable housing community for low-income seniors.
Named for the Abeytia Family, longtime community activists with close ties to the Cesar Chavez farm worker movement, the housing community consists of one-and-two bedroom units featuring the latest in amenities. The smoke-free community features a library, a lounge area, a trail-like setting with exercise stations outside and medical staff is always nearby.
Residents will pay rent equivalent to no more than 30 percent of their income.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.