PHOENIX — The Heard Museum in north Scottsdale will appraise privately-owned Native American art on Saturday.
According to Heard Museum Communications Manager Debra Krol, Native American art dealers will examine items to offer information about the materials, dates, artists and values.
Appraisals cost $30 for the first item with a subsequent discount for further items, Krol said.
The Heard Museum will use proceeds from the appraisals to purchase new art.
“Not only are you going to be helping yourself by learning what the piece in the back of your grandpa’s desk drawer is worth, but you will also benefit the Heard Museum,” Krol said. “So everybody wins.”
The Heard Museum is located at 32633 N. Scottsdale Road.
For more information on the appraisal event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., click here.
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains