PHOENIX — The Heard Museum in north Scottsdale will appraise privately-owned Native American art on Saturday.
According to Heard Museum Communications Manager Debra Krol, Native American art dealers will examine items to offer information about the materials, dates, artists and values.
Appraisals cost $30 for the first item with a subsequent discount for further items, Krol said.
The Heard Museum will use proceeds from the appraisals to purchase new art.
“Not only are you going to be helping yourself by learning what the piece in the back of your grandpa’s desk drawer is worth, but you will also benefit the Heard Museum,” Krol said. “So everybody wins.”
The Heard Museum is located at 32633 N. Scottsdale Road.
For more information on the appraisal event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., click here.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development