PHOENIX — The Heard Museum in north Scottsdale will appraise privately-owned Native American art on Saturday.
According to Heard Museum Communications Manager Debra Krol, Native American art dealers will examine items to offer information about the materials, dates, artists and values.
Appraisals cost $30 for the first item with a subsequent discount for further items, Krol said.
The Heard Museum will use proceeds from the appraisals to purchase new art.
“Not only are you going to be helping yourself by learning what the piece in the back of your grandpa’s desk drawer is worth, but you will also benefit the Heard Museum,” Krol said. “So everybody wins.”
The Heard Museum is located at 32633 N. Scottsdale Road.
For more information on the appraisal event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., click here.
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food