PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists killed in an overnight crash in Buckeye worked for the Arizona Department of Corrections, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
John Ollis, 35 and Skye Orozca, 30, were riding on westbound Buckeye Road when they struck the midsection of a semi-truck driven by Carlos Moran. MCSO said Moran was making a left turn onto eastbound Buckeye Road out of a driveway when the collision happened.
It is unknown how fast Ollis, who was wearing a helmet, was driving, but the motorcycle continued about 500 feet down Buckeye Road after the collision. Orozca’s face made a “very detailed imprint” on the trailer. She was not wearing a helmet.
Both bodies were struck multiple times by passing vehicles as Moran attempted to bring traffic to a halt. The bodies were dragged several hundred feet and dismembered.
Ollis and Orozca were both employed at Lewis Prison.
Authorities do not believe alcohol or speed were factors in the crash.
No charges or citations have been issued.
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas