PHOENIX — Two motorcyclists killed in an overnight crash in Buckeye worked for the Arizona Department of Corrections, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a release.
John Ollis, 35 and Skye Orozca, 30, were riding on westbound Buckeye Road when they struck the midsection of a semi-truck driven by Carlos Moran. MCSO said Moran was making a left turn onto eastbound Buckeye Road out of a driveway when the collision happened.
It is unknown how fast Ollis, who was wearing a helmet, was driving, but the motorcycle continued about 500 feet down Buckeye Road after the collision. Orozca’s face made a “very detailed imprint” on the trailer. She was not wearing a helmet.
Both bodies were struck multiple times by passing vehicles as Moran attempted to bring traffic to a halt. The bodies were dragged several hundred feet and dismembered.
Ollis and Orozca were both employed at Lewis Prison.
Authorities do not believe alcohol or speed were factors in the crash.
No charges or citations have been issued.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon