PHOENIX — Authorities are investigating what caused a suspicious fire at a hookah club in Phoenix on Thursday morning.
Clean-up crews boarded up the windows at Cloud 9 Hookah Club 2 near 35th Avenue and Greenway Road, after the fire caused extensive damage to the inside of the building.
One employee saw the flames as she was driving home from a nearby hookah lounge.
“We called 911 and we went back to Club Hookah down the street and told the owner,” Sabrina Caprio said. “The same owner owns both of them.”
According to Caprio, the club was closed Wednesday night, and police said no one was inside the building during the blaze.
Fire officials said no one was hurt. Investigators are calling the fire suspicious.
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America