PHOENIX — Authorities are investigating what caused a suspicious fire at a hookah club in Phoenix on Thursday morning.
Clean-up crews boarded up the windows at Cloud 9 Hookah Club 2 near 35th Avenue and Greenway Road, after the fire caused extensive damage to the inside of the building.
One employee saw the flames as she was driving home from a nearby hookah lounge.
“We called 911 and we went back to Club Hookah down the street and told the owner,” Sabrina Caprio said. “The same owner owns both of them.”
According to Caprio, the club was closed Wednesday night, and police said no one was inside the building during the blaze.
Fire officials said no one was hurt. Investigators are calling the fire suspicious.
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development