Editor’s note: This statement was released by Arizona Rep. Matt Salmon after a report showed that less than 750 Arizonans were able to fully register on Affordable Care Act website. It has not been changed in any way.
“Today’s report detailing the latest Obamacare enrollment numbers proves that this law was never ready for primetime.
Nationally, a dismal 106,185 people have signed up for Obamacare, far below what the Administration projected, and with only a quarter of the enrollees coming from the disastrous Healthcare.gov website. Meanwhile, it is estimated that more than 5 million Americans have been kicked off their insurance plans.
In Arizona, the numbers were even more stark, with only 739 people signing up through the federal exchanges.
President Obama should be concerned when more people are struck by lightning each year than have enrolled in Obamacare in Arizona.
Unfortunately, these figures represent real problems that American families are facing because of Obamacare. Now, more than ever, Americans are desperate for their elected officials to listen and act.
It is time we repeal this disastrous law to protect Americans from further harm and replace it with a market-based system that gets the IRS and federal government out of our healthcare system.”
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon