Editor’s note: This statement was released by Arizona Rep. Matt Salmon after a report showed that less than 750 Arizonans were able to fully register on Affordable Care Act website. It has not been changed in any way.
“Today’s report detailing the latest Obamacare enrollment numbers proves that this law was never ready for primetime.
Nationally, a dismal 106,185 people have signed up for Obamacare, far below what the Administration projected, and with only a quarter of the enrollees coming from the disastrous Healthcare.gov website. Meanwhile, it is estimated that more than 5 million Americans have been kicked off their insurance plans.
In Arizona, the numbers were even more stark, with only 739 people signing up through the federal exchanges.
President Obama should be concerned when more people are struck by lightning each year than have enrolled in Obamacare in Arizona.
Unfortunately, these figures represent real problems that American families are facing because of Obamacare. Now, more than ever, Americans are desperate for their elected officials to listen and act.
It is time we repeal this disastrous law to protect Americans from further harm and replace it with a market-based system that gets the IRS and federal government out of our healthcare system.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments