Editor’s note: This statement was released by Arizona Rep. Matt Salmon after a report showed that less than 750 Arizonans were able to fully register on Affordable Care Act website. It has not been changed in any way.
“Today’s report detailing the latest Obamacare enrollment numbers proves that this law was never ready for primetime.
Nationally, a dismal 106,185 people have signed up for Obamacare, far below what the Administration projected, and with only a quarter of the enrollees coming from the disastrous Healthcare.gov website. Meanwhile, it is estimated that more than 5 million Americans have been kicked off their insurance plans.
In Arizona, the numbers were even more stark, with only 739 people signing up through the federal exchanges.
President Obama should be concerned when more people are struck by lightning each year than have enrolled in Obamacare in Arizona.
Unfortunately, these figures represent real problems that American families are facing because of Obamacare. Now, more than ever, Americans are desperate for their elected officials to listen and act.
It is time we repeal this disastrous law to protect Americans from further harm and replace it with a market-based system that gets the IRS and federal government out of our healthcare system.”
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains