PHOENIX — From throwing around opposing quarterbacks to starring on the big screen, former ASU football player Greg Joelson has made quite a name for himself since leaving Tempe back in 1988.
But Joelson, who won a Super Bowl in 1991 as a member of the San Francisco 49ers, has come back to town to give football fans a new reason to cheer.
This week, the former ASU linebacker opened up a new Papa Murphy’s location Monday located in central Phoenix’s Squaw Peak Plaza.
As owner of Papa Murphy’s, the country’s largest and fastest growing take ‘n’ bake pizza chain, Joelson has expressed a strong interest in giving back to the community in ways that go well beyond just serving pizza.
“We are ready to go, not just to serve great, fresh pizza but to make a difference in our community,” Joelson said in a press release. The store is already working with local causes such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital, VetTix and St. Vincent de Paul.”
Learn more about Joelson’s store and all of the other Papa Murphy locations around the Valley.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.