PHOENIX — From throwing around opposing quarterbacks to starring on the big screen, former ASU football player Greg Joelson has made quite a name for himself since leaving Tempe back in 1988.
But Joelson, who won a Super Bowl in 1991 as a member of the San Francisco 49ers, has come back to town to give football fans a new reason to cheer.
This week, the former ASU linebacker opened up a new Papa Murphy’s location Monday located in central Phoenix’s Squaw Peak Plaza.
As owner of Papa Murphy’s, the country’s largest and fastest growing take ‘n’ bake pizza chain, Joelson has expressed a strong interest in giving back to the community in ways that go well beyond just serving pizza.
“We are ready to go, not just to serve great, fresh pizza but to make a difference in our community,” Joelson said in a press release. The store is already working with local causes such as Phoenix Children’s Hospital, VetTix and St. Vincent de Paul.”
Learn more about Joelson’s store and all of the other Papa Murphy locations around the Valley.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon