It’s a big honor for Northern Arizona University.
Military Times magazine has named NAU as the best in the southwest in its “Best for Vets: Colleges 2014” rankings.
NAU Associate Vice President Karen Pedersen says several factors went into the magazine’s decision.
“Everything from percentage of tuition covered by the G.I. Bill to loan default rates to student retention and graduation rates, as well as a student faculty ratio,” Pedersen said.
The southwest area includes the states of Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico and Utah.
Overall, NAU ranked 36th on the “Best for Vets” survey, with ASU coming in at No. 49. Topping the list was D’Youville College in Buffalo, New York.
To see the entire list, go to Military Times.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy