PHOENIX — A man killed three family members and himself Tuesday night at a north Phoenix home.
Police believe Michael Sanders killed his estranged wife, Carol Sanders, their
teenage daughter, Audra, and Carol’s brother Tom Fitzpatck in an apparent case
of domestic violence.
Authorities say Carol was set on fire in the backyard.
The incident occurred at a home just south of 51st
Street and Thunderbird Road.
Witnesses said they heard gunfire about 4 p.m. and saw a body in the driveway of the house and another in the backyard of the home. Much of the
residential neighborhood was evacuated until police used a robot to determine
the suspect was no longer inside.
Police found his body in a nearby alley and believe he shot himself.
The daughter’s body was found inside the home, and the male victim was found
shot in the front yard.
Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump says investigators are trying to confirm
information that the woman had sought an order of protection against the suspect
and they were supposed to appear in court earlier Tuesday.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier