PHOENIX — A man killed three family members and himself Tuesday night at a north Phoenix home.
Police believe Michael Sanders killed his estranged wife, Carol Sanders, their
teenage daughter, Audra, and Carol’s brother Tom Fitzpatck in an apparent case
of domestic violence.
Authorities say Carol was set on fire in the backyard.
The incident occurred at a home just south of 51st
Street and Thunderbird Road.
Witnesses said they heard gunfire about 4 p.m. and saw a body in the driveway of the house and another in the backyard of the home. Much of the
residential neighborhood was evacuated until police used a robot to determine
the suspect was no longer inside.
Police found his body in a nearby alley and believe he shot himself.
The daughter’s body was found inside the home, and the male victim was found
shot in the front yard.
Phoenix police Sgt. Trent Crump says investigators are trying to confirm
information that the woman had sought an order of protection against the suspect
and they were supposed to appear in court earlier Tuesday.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development