YUMA, Ariz. — A Yuma man is recovering after nearly being electrocuted
while trying to move a radio communications antenna away from power lines.
Authorities say Jim Bush was transported by ambulance to Yuma Regional Medical
Center for treatment of moderate burns to his hand and lower leg.
He was listed in stable condition Tuesday afternoon.
The Yuma County Sheriff’s Office responded to Telegraph Pass about 5:30 a.m.
Tuesday about a possible electrocution.
Deputies met with a group of men who were setting up a 40-foot-tall radio
The men were getting radio interference and realized the antenna was next to
power lines, but they didn’t notice the wires overhead due to darkness.
While the men moved the antenna away from the power lines, it made contact with
the electric wires.