PHOENIX — The newest Carl’s Jr. in the Valley will have Glendale sports fans seeing stars.
The burger chain now has a sports-themed location near the homes of both the Arizona Cardinals and Phoenix Coyotes.
“It has 11 flat-screen TVs, and we’ve given it more of a sports look, more modern,” said assistant manager Imelda Ramirez.
While customers wait to order, they can check out a collage of pictures of current and past Valley sports teams, including the 1976 Phoenix Suns team that lost to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.
It’s also easy to surf the Internet while you eat there, and there is a bar that has electrical outlets at every seat.
“I really like that,” said Ramirez. “A lot of people are sitting there with their laptops. We have free Wi-Fi.”
Ramirez said Sunday, Nov. 24 — when the Cardinals host the Indianapolis Colts — will be the restaurant’s first test on how it handles the crowds during a Cardinals home game.
“We really want to have one of those days where we have a game on, just so we know how many people (on duty) we need exactly,” Ramirez said. “But we’re ready. We want the guests to come, and we want the players to come and eat here.”
The location is open 24 hours, and it is the first fast food restaurant in the Westgate City Center.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon