PHOENIX — The newest Carl’s Jr. in the Valley will have Glendale sports fans seeing stars.
The burger chain now has a sports-themed location near the homes of both the Arizona Cardinals and Phoenix Coyotes.
“It has 11 flat-screen TVs, and we’ve given it more of a sports look, more modern,” said assistant manager Imelda Ramirez.
While customers wait to order, they can check out a collage of pictures of current and past Valley sports teams, including the 1976 Phoenix Suns team that lost to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.
It’s also easy to surf the Internet while you eat there, and there is a bar that has electrical outlets at every seat.
“I really like that,” said Ramirez. “A lot of people are sitting there with their laptops. We have free Wi-Fi.”
Ramirez said Sunday, Nov. 24 — when the Cardinals host the Indianapolis Colts — will be the restaurant’s first test on how it handles the crowds during a Cardinals home game.
“We really want to have one of those days where we have a game on, just so we know how many people (on duty) we need exactly,” Ramirez said. “But we’re ready. We want the guests to come, and we want the players to come and eat here.”
The location is open 24 hours, and it is the first fast food restaurant in the Westgate City Center.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night