PHOENIX — The newest Carl’s Jr. in the Valley will have Glendale sports fans seeing stars.
The burger chain now has a sports-themed location near the homes of both the Arizona Cardinals and Phoenix Coyotes.
“It has 11 flat-screen TVs, and we’ve given it more of a sports look, more modern,” said assistant manager Imelda Ramirez.
While customers wait to order, they can check out a collage of pictures of current and past Valley sports teams, including the 1976 Phoenix Suns team that lost to the Boston Celtics in the NBA Finals.
It’s also easy to surf the Internet while you eat there, and there is a bar that has electrical outlets at every seat.
“I really like that,” said Ramirez. “A lot of people are sitting there with their laptops. We have free Wi-Fi.”
Ramirez said Sunday, Nov. 24 — when the Cardinals host the Indianapolis Colts — will be the restaurant’s first test on how it handles the crowds during a Cardinals home game.
“We really want to have one of those days where we have a game on, just so we know how many people (on duty) we need exactly,” Ramirez said. “But we’re ready. We want the guests to come, and we want the players to come and eat here.”
The location is open 24 hours, and it is the first fast food restaurant in the Westgate City Center.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier