PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have been ranked in the top 15 in the nation for people who are 35 or younger.
The data journalism company Voactiv looked at the 50 most populous cities, weighed certain economic and lifestyle factors that are important to adults between 18 and 35, and then produced a “livability index” of the top 35 cities in the U.S. for that age group.
Phoenix and Tucson placed high on the list.
Phoenix came in at No. 10 on the index. Voactiv had this to say about Arizona’s capital city:
Don’t worry about the heat, everything’s air-conditioned in Arizona. Phoenix has grown by leaps and bounds over the past 20 years, and this very large, very diverse city is home to a respectable arts scene and some killer Mexican food. Rent is basically a bargain, averaging $800 for a 2-bedroom. It’s also one of the youngest cities on the index, with an average age of just 31.8. Must be all that dry air.
Voactiv also found that Phoenix is one of the top five cities on the list that have the lowest average cost of food and beverage.
Tucson came in four spots behind Phoenix at No. 14. Voactiv said this:
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is much more than a college town, yet it still has all of the benefits, including crazy cheap rent, takeout, beer and pot. Though the job market here is a bit rougher than in Phoenix, there are major quality-of-life advantages, like less traffic and better public transportation.
The top five cities on the list, in order, are Portland, Austin, San Francisco, Seattle and Minneapolis.
Click here to see the full list.
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets