PHOENIX — Two Arizona cities have been ranked in the top 15 in the nation for people who are 35 or younger.
The data journalism company Voactiv looked at the 50 most populous cities, weighed certain economic and lifestyle factors that are important to adults between 18 and 35, and then produced a “livability index” of the top 35 cities in the U.S. for that age group.
Phoenix and Tucson placed high on the list.
Phoenix came in at No. 10 on the index. Voactiv had this to say about Arizona’s capital city:
Don’t worry about the heat, everything’s air-conditioned in Arizona. Phoenix has grown by leaps and bounds over the past 20 years, and this very large, very diverse city is home to a respectable arts scene and some killer Mexican food. Rent is basically a bargain, averaging $800 for a 2-bedroom. It’s also one of the youngest cities on the index, with an average age of just 31.8. Must be all that dry air.
Voactiv also found that Phoenix is one of the top five cities on the list that have the lowest average cost of food and beverage.
Tucson came in four spots behind Phoenix at No. 14. Voactiv said this:
Home to the University of Arizona, Tucson is much more than a college town, yet it still has all of the benefits, including crazy cheap rent, takeout, beer and pot. Though the job market here is a bit rougher than in Phoenix, there are major quality-of-life advantages, like less traffic and better public transportation.
The top five cities on the list, in order, are Portland, Austin, San Francisco, Seattle and Minneapolis.
Click here to see the full list.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier