PHOENIX — You could soon be paying more to visit the 10 regional parks in the Maricopa County system.
A proposal by the county Parks and Recreation Board calls for increasing entry fees on school buses by $5 and commercial buses by $10. It also creates a new $25 entry fee for commercial passenger vans that hold 10 to 29 passengers.
Under the plan, people who buy an annual day-use entry pass would pay an extra $10 while visitors using motorized watercraft would pay $15 more for an annual pass.
The proposal also calls for adding a new $30 annual fee for non-motorized watercraft. Reserving camping space, picnic ramadas and classrooms would also cost more.
If the plan is approved, disabled veterans who complete an application would be eligible for a 50 percent discount. The parks include:
• Adobe Dam Regional Park
• Buckeye Hills Regional Park
• Cave Creek Regional Park
• Desert Outdoor Center
• Estrella Mountain Regional Park
• Lake Pleasant Regional Park
• McDowell Mountain Regional Park
• San Tan Mountain Regional Park
• Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
• Usery Mountain Regional Park
• White Tank Mountain Regional Park
A hearing to gather public input will take place Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department, located at 234 N. Central Ave., Suite 6400, in Phoenix.
You can also provide comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed breakdown of the plan is available at maricopa.gov.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development