PHOENIX — You could soon be paying more to visit the 10 regional parks in the Maricopa County system.
A proposal by the county Parks and Recreation Board calls for increasing entry fees on school buses by $5 and commercial buses by $10. It also creates a new $25 entry fee for commercial passenger vans that hold 10 to 29 passengers.
Under the plan, people who buy an annual day-use entry pass would pay an extra $10 while visitors using motorized watercraft would pay $15 more for an annual pass.
The proposal also calls for adding a new $30 annual fee for non-motorized watercraft. Reserving camping space, picnic ramadas and classrooms would also cost more.
If the plan is approved, disabled veterans who complete an application would be eligible for a 50 percent discount. The parks include:
• Adobe Dam Regional Park
• Buckeye Hills Regional Park
• Cave Creek Regional Park
• Desert Outdoor Center
• Estrella Mountain Regional Park
• Lake Pleasant Regional Park
• McDowell Mountain Regional Park
• San Tan Mountain Regional Park
• Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
• Usery Mountain Regional Park
• White Tank Mountain Regional Park
A hearing to gather public input will take place Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department, located at 234 N. Central Ave., Suite 6400, in Phoenix.
You can also provide comments by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A detailed breakdown of the plan is available at maricopa.gov.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night