PHOENIX — You could soon be paying more to visit the 10 regional parks in the Maricopa County system.
A proposal by the county Parks and Recreation Board calls for increasing entry fees on school buses by $5 and commercial buses by $10. It also creates a new $25 entry fee for commercial passenger vans that hold 10 to 29 passengers.
Under the plan, people who buy an annual day-use entry pass would pay an extra $10 while visitors using motorized watercraft would pay $15 more for an annual pass.
The proposal also calls for adding a new $30 annual fee for non-motorized watercraft. Reserving camping space, picnic ramadas and classrooms would also cost more.
If the plan is approved, disabled veterans who complete an application would be eligible for a 50 percent discount. The parks include:
• Adobe Dam Regional Park
• Buckeye Hills Regional Park
• Cave Creek Regional Park
• Desert Outdoor Center
• Estrella Mountain Regional Park
• Lake Pleasant Regional Park
• McDowell Mountain Regional Park
• San Tan Mountain Regional Park
• Spur Cross Ranch Conservation Area
• Usery Mountain Regional Park
• White Tank Mountain Regional Park
A hearing to gather public input will take place Tuesday at 9 a.m. at the Maricopa County Parks and Recreation Department, located at 234 N. Central Ave., Suite 6400, in Phoenix.
You can also provide comments by emailing email@example.com.
A detailed breakdown of the plan is available at maricopa.gov.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments