The 2012 death of a Phoenix toddler has now sparked the attention of hacktivist group Anonymous, according to Phoenix New Times.
Savannah Cross, 2, was allegedly killed by Ryan Reed, then 27, and Allison Clement, then 28, a husband and wife duo who ran an unlicensed babysitting service and who were watching Cross when she died.
While the husband admitted to abusing the girl and the wife knowing about it but doing nothing, charges against the couple have recently been dropped due to various bureaucratic reasons.
Anonymous launched “Operation Justice4Savannah” with the group’s anger focusing mainly on the Maricopa County Examiner’s Office for not completing or expediting test results that the prosecution needed for the case.
Now, in a press release, the group seems to have directed its focus to Cross’ mother, an employee at a Phoenix VA hospital, who had left Cross in the care of Reed and Clement for weeks.
Phoenix VA Hospital, you have had more than enough time to remove [Savannah’s mother] Ashley Dattoli Livengood from your employ. Indeed, she is not even a full-time employee and Arizona is a “right to work” state. You need prove no misconduct to terminate her employment. Our Nation’s veterans deserve far better than to be “cared” for by this uncaring monster who reportedly told co-workers she would “see her when I see her” regarding Savannah. At this time you have 7 days to terminate her employment or we will begin directly contacting veteran’s [sic] and military groups in your area. If you want protests on your campus, continue to ignore this demand. We will not ask again.
Read the entire Anonymous press release here.
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths