Meghan McCain, daughter of Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain, cannot believe how much of a farce Obamacare has become.
“Obama made one promise – that people could keep their healthcare,” McCain told Mac and Gaydos of News/Talk KTAR 92.3 on Friday. “Now it turns out that you can’t… Obamacare has been nothing but a complete disaster. The rollout of it is almost comically disastrous.”
A “comically disastrous” rollout that could have easily been avoided if outside professionals had been contracted to create HealthCare.gov.
“My favorite thing is that they’re having government employees run this website,” McCain commented. “Why they didn’t get somebody from Silicon Valley who knows what they’re doing to set up a website is the ultimate factor that completely blows my mind.”
Much like her father, McCain is also angry over the recent government shutdown, in part because it overshadowed the healthcare discussion.
“It was taking away from all of the things going on with healthcare in this country,” McCain explained. “Now, finally, I think people are paying more attention. Even liberal elites, so to speak, are realizing that this might not have been the best choice of action.”
Even the president, the namesake of Obamacare, has grown desperate.
In an interview with NBC News on Thursday, President Barack Obama apologized to those who are unable to keep their health coverage, despite his numerous assertions to the contrary.
McCain said the president is “forced into a corner right now,” but that in her experience, anytime a politician apologizes, it’s just the beginning of more bad news.
“I think anytime a politician apologizes publicly like that, there probably is something worse coming down the pipeline,” said McCain. “He’s in a really precarious position. This is supposed to be the bill that defines his presidency and it’s debatably a failure.”
A failure, she remarked, that will most likely continue with finger-pointing and blame-shifting but not have any real consequences for anyone.
“You can’t get fired for anything in the government, apparently,” McCain said. “You can’t get replaced, and I just don’t understand why they don’t hire somebody from Facebook or something to do their duty for their government and their country and fix the freaking website!”
As for the forced resignation or firing of Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, McCain said Sebelius’ departure would actually be a bad move for the Obama administration.
“I think if he [Obama] let her go or fired her, it would sort of be like a symbol of defeat and it [Obamacare] not working, and I don’t think from a public relations standpoint, he wants to do that,” McCain said.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- Jan Brewer thinks Paul Penzone will have tough time beating Sheriff Joe Arpaio
- Mac & Gaydos joined by Burmese python after losing March Madness bet
- Mac and Gaydos deliver pizzas to winning class in REDucation contest
- Civil rights activist wants Phoenix-area NAACP boss to step down after incident
- Cindy McCain talks Syrians refugees’ plight, trafficking in Arizona