PHOENIX — A group of 11 children from the Valley are traveling from Phoenix to Washington, D.C. early next week as part of a national initiative for immigration reform called Keeping Families Together: Youth in Action.
“I’m really excited to be part of the action,” said 11-year-old Celina Hernandez.
The children will be met by hundreds of other children of immigrants to press the government for comprehensive immigration reform. Together, they will meet with members of Congress and have the opportunity to share how the current immigration policies is impacting their lives.
“It’s said a society is best judged by the way it treats its children, but shamefully our country refuses to fix a failed and inhumane immigration system that’s destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of families across the country,” said Executive Director of Promise Arizona Petra Falcon.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon