PHOENIX — A group of 11 children from the Valley are traveling from Phoenix to Washington, D.C. early next week as part of a national initiative for immigration reform called Keeping Families Together: Youth in Action.
“I’m really excited to be part of the action,” said 11-year-old Celina Hernandez.
The children will be met by hundreds of other children of immigrants to press the government for comprehensive immigration reform. Together, they will meet with members of Congress and have the opportunity to share how the current immigration policies is impacting their lives.
“It’s said a society is best judged by the way it treats its children, but shamefully our country refuses to fix a failed and inhumane immigration system that’s destroying the lives of hundreds of thousands of families across the country,” said Executive Director of Promise Arizona Petra Falcon.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.