PHOENIX — The Phoenix Herpetological Society will be putting up of animals for adoption on Saturday.
Many of the animals were once abused or unwanted, but all of them have been cleared and are ready for permanent homes.
“All the animals that are going to be available for adoption are healthy and have good temperament and would make excellent pets,” said Wendy Cassidy, marketing director for the Herpetological Society.
Visitors will have the opportunity to meet the animals up for adoption, including red-tailed boas, ball pythons, corn snakes and African-spurred Sulcata tortoises.
The event will feature educational assistance, tips and advice on proper captive reptile care.
Adoptions will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 28011 N. 78th Street in Scottsdale. Appointments are required for anybody who wants to adopt an animal.
For more information, call (480) 513-4377 or visit the sanctuary’s website.
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development