PHOENIX — The Phoenix Herpetological Society will be putting up of animals for adoption on Saturday.
Many of the animals were once abused or unwanted, but all of them have been cleared and are ready for permanent homes.
“All the animals that are going to be available for adoption are healthy and have good temperament and would make excellent pets,” said Wendy Cassidy, marketing director for the Herpetological Society.
Visitors will have the opportunity to meet the animals up for adoption, including red-tailed boas, ball pythons, corn snakes and African-spurred Sulcata tortoises.
The event will feature educational assistance, tips and advice on proper captive reptile care.
Adoptions will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 28011 N. 78th Street in Scottsdale. Appointments are required for anybody who wants to adopt an animal.
For more information, call (480) 513-4377 or visit the sanctuary’s website.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night