This is a big weekend of racing coming up at Phoenix International Raceway.
Three days of racing starts today with the Lucas Oil 150 truck series race. Things really pick up tomorrow.
“Saturday, we’ve got a double header of races,” said Zach Emmons, the communications director for PIR. “They start at 2 p.m. with the Servicemaster 200, followed by the Casino Arizona 50. Sunday is the big day with the Advocare 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup series. It’s the semifinal of the chase for the champion of the Sprint Cup. It should be a great day out here.”
Emmons says there will be live entertainment throughout the weekend, with a couple of acts set to play on Sunday.
“Fuel, one of the most popular rock bands of the past few years, is playing at the Budweiser Roll-bar stage,” Emmons said. (Country singer) Steven Cochran will play a pre-race concert right there on the track. It’s the first time we’ve ever done that in PIR’s history.”
A crowd of 80,000 is expected for Sunday’s race. Thousands of people are already camped out in their trailers and RVs at the track. They need a place to go grocery shopping, and PIR has it.
“Safeway has actually stepped up to the plate and produced a grocery store on site,” Emmons said. “It’s about 17,000 square feet when you count the whole shopping space, and they’ve got everything that our fans could need.”
Safeway is taking over the space that used to be a Bashas’ store.
Grandstand seats are sold out for Sunday’s race, but there are tickets still available. Click here for more information.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development