PHOENIX — Looking for a date Friday night? You could win one at an auction at the Mint in Scottsdale.
It’s called Date for a Cause. You can get a date with one of the Valley’s most eligible bachelors or bachelorettes and contribute to a group called New Pathways for Youth.
“This supports local homeless children in a Big Brother-Big Sister type program for homeless children. It changes teens’ lives,” said Deborah Ostreicher, a member of the board of directors for New Pathways for Youth.
“They go in and offer families, if they would like, a mentor for their child. As these families are living in homeless shelters, and perhaps move around from there, these children have one consistent force in their lives in having a mentor provided by New Pathways for Youth.”
Ostreicher has been a mentor with the program for over 17 years.
“I received a mentee, a 7-year-old little girl, a Native American, 15 years ago,” Ostreicher said. “She has now grown up with mentoring from me and this organization. She is about to graduate from ASU, the first in her extended family to do so. She will be getting a degree in social work and going on to get her master’s degree.”
Ostreicher, who is the auctioneer for the event, said that you can join in the fun even if you’re married. That’s because they’ll also be auctioning off great date packages.
To take a look at all of the dates that are up for auction, and get more details, click here.
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- A preseason guide to avoid holiday weight gain
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier