PHOENIX — Looking for a date Friday night? You could win one at an auction at the Mint in Scottsdale.
It’s called Date for a Cause. You can get a date with one of the Valley’s most eligible bachelors or bachelorettes and contribute to a group called New Pathways for Youth.
“This supports local homeless children in a Big Brother-Big Sister type program for homeless children. It changes teens’ lives,” said Deborah Ostreicher, a member of the board of directors for New Pathways for Youth.
“They go in and offer families, if they would like, a mentor for their child. As these families are living in homeless shelters, and perhaps move around from there, these children have one consistent force in their lives in having a mentor provided by New Pathways for Youth.”
Ostreicher has been a mentor with the program for over 17 years.
“I received a mentee, a 7-year-old little girl, a Native American, 15 years ago,” Ostreicher said. “She has now grown up with mentoring from me and this organization. She is about to graduate from ASU, the first in her extended family to do so. She will be getting a degree in social work and going on to get her master’s degree.”
Ostreicher, who is the auctioneer for the event, said that you can join in the fun even if you’re married. That’s because they’ll also be auctioning off great date packages.
To take a look at all of the dates that are up for auction, and get more details, click here.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon