PHOENIX — A West Valley drug laboratory that was making methamphetamine was busted Thursday, police said.
When police contacted an individual staying at a home in the 7300 block of W. Roma Ave., they smelled chemicals normally used in drug labs. Police immediately secured the home.
“It appears this lab was involved in what’s called ‘washing’ methamphetamine and that’s where you use different solvents, different chemicals to actually clean up methamphetamine so that it will have the appearance of what’s called ‘glass’ or ‘ice,'” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson, adding that the treatment does not change the drug but gives it a cleaner look that is desired by dealers.
In all, Thompson said 20 gallons of liquid was seized from the home. The liquid likely contains methamphetamine that was undergoing the cleaning process.
An unnamed 26-year-old Hispanic male was arrested at the home.
It is unknown who owns the home
Thompson said the case is still on-going.
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy