PHOENIX — A West Valley drug laboratory that was making methamphetamine was busted Thursday, police said.
When police contacted an individual staying at a home in the 7300 block of W. Roma Ave., they smelled chemicals normally used in drug labs. Police immediately secured the home.
“It appears this lab was involved in what’s called ‘washing’ methamphetamine and that’s where you use different solvents, different chemicals to actually clean up methamphetamine so that it will have the appearance of what’s called ‘glass’ or ‘ice,'” said Phoenix Police Sgt. Tommy Thompson, adding that the treatment does not change the drug but gives it a cleaner look that is desired by dealers.
In all, Thompson said 20 gallons of liquid was seized from the home. The liquid likely contains methamphetamine that was undergoing the cleaning process.
An unnamed 26-year-old Hispanic male was arrested at the home.
It is unknown who owns the home
Thompson said the case is still on-going.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments