GLENDALE, Ariz. — Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito is accused of bullying a teammate, and the incident may be affecting a local Valley high school.
Incognito attended Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale. How people there are reacting to the allegations depends on who you can – and can’t – talk to.
KTAR received a text from someone who claimed that Incognito’s name is on the Hall of Fame in Mountain Ridge’s weight room. The text read, “Don’t you think the principal should remove it?”
We tried to ask Mountain Ridge Principal Debra Poulson that question. Instead, a Deer Valley Unified School District spokeswoman sent a statement that neither the school nor the district would grant us an interview.
We called the person who sent the text, who also declined to be interviewed. The texter, who claimed to be “close to the situation,” agreed that we could include in our report that parents at the school are angry and want Incognito’s name removed from the weight room.
Mountain Ridge students that we spoke with seemed oblivious to any controversy.
“I’ve heard nothing about this,” said one girl.
The teenage boy walking with her knew about the allegations but not about the Hall of Fame exhibit or Incognito’s history with the school.
A football player told us that no one on the current team is even talking about Incognito. In fact, the player had never even heard of Incognito until the news came out about the allegations.
All of the students we spoke with asked to remain anonymous.
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- 6 coolest things brewing in Arizona
- The virus that keeps head and neck cancers on the rise
- State Fair ‘Kid Reporter’ has all the angles covered
- 4 important things to know about timeshare maintenance fees
- Signs of delayed car crash injuries
- The truth about sports concussions
- The Alzheimer's epidemic: Facts you need to know
- The season is here, keep your Fantasy Football team strong all season
- 8 TV shows you can't miss this fall
- Football is here: 6 tips to make this your best season ever
- Gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.