GLENDALE, Ariz. — Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito is accused of bullying a teammate, and the incident may be affecting a local Valley high school.
Incognito attended Mountain Ridge High School in Glendale. How people there are reacting to the allegations depends on who you can – and can’t – talk to.
KTAR received a text from someone who claimed that Incognito’s name is on the Hall of Fame in Mountain Ridge’s weight room. The text read, “Don’t you think the principal should remove it?”
We tried to ask Mountain Ridge Principal Debra Poulson that question. Instead, a Deer Valley Unified School District spokeswoman sent a statement that neither the school nor the district would grant us an interview.
We called the person who sent the text, who also declined to be interviewed. The texter, who claimed to be “close to the situation,” agreed that we could include in our report that parents at the school are angry and want Incognito’s name removed from the weight room.
Mountain Ridge students that we spoke with seemed oblivious to any controversy.
“I’ve heard nothing about this,” said one girl.
The teenage boy walking with her knew about the allegations but not about the Hall of Fame exhibit or Incognito’s history with the school.
A football player told us that no one on the current team is even talking about Incognito. In fact, the player had never even heard of Incognito until the news came out about the allegations.
All of the students we spoke with asked to remain anonymous.
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Water tips to save money, help save the Earth
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon
- What you need to know about Alzheimer's disease in Arizona
- Spring clean your windows like a pro with these 8 tips
- 7 films that should have won best-picture Oscars
- New plumbing technology saves money and improves your home
- Survey shows Arizona CFOs optimistic about 2016
- How chronic pain can affect your love life
- 5 potential warning signs about your child's development