PHOENIX — Traffic is expected to be extremely heavy over the weekend in the West Valley because of multiple events, the Arizona Department of Transportation said in a release.
There are three events happening in the West Valley on Sunday: The AdvoCare 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, an Arizona Cardinals game and a concert at Jobing.com Arena.
ADOT said traffic is expected to heaviest in the early afternoon and about 5:30 p.m., when the race and Cardinals game are expected to end.
The Winter Jam 2013 Tour Spectacular is scheduled to being at 6 p.m. at Jobing.com Arena.
ADOT said event attendees should plan to arrive for events early.
NASCAR fans should check their parking passes to see which exit they should take off of Interstate 10.
Drivers are also encouraged to head north on Loop 101 to avoid the traffic in southbound Loop 101 and I-10.
ADOT said no freeway closures are planned for the weekend, save for the eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Hawes Road. It will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for State Route 24-related work.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments