PHOENIX — Traffic is expected to be extremely heavy over the weekend in the West Valley because of multiple events, the Arizona Department of Transportation said in a release.
There are three events happening in the West Valley on Sunday: The AdvoCare 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race, an Arizona Cardinals game and a concert at Jobing.com Arena.
ADOT said traffic is expected to heaviest in the early afternoon and about 5:30 p.m., when the race and Cardinals game are expected to end.
The Winter Jam 2013 Tour Spectacular is scheduled to being at 6 p.m. at Jobing.com Arena.
ADOT said event attendees should plan to arrive for events early.
NASCAR fans should check their parking passes to see which exit they should take off of Interstate 10.
Drivers are also encouraged to head north on Loop 101 to avoid the traffic in southbound Loop 101 and I-10.
ADOT said no freeway closures are planned for the weekend, save for the eastbound Loop 202 on-ramp at Hawes Road. It will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Saturday for State Route 24-related work.
- Peak your palate with gameday recipes and beers to match
- 6 reasons the Cardinals are driven to win the Super Bowl
- The Pac-12 football season nears kickoff
- Tips to get ready for a pain-free golf season
- Protect your family with these 7 home security features
- How to train like an Olympic swimmer
- 2016 Olympics: A guide to must-see TV events
- The bride's guide to feeling your best on your wedding day
- Deciding when you need knee surgery
- Celebrating Fourth of July is much cooler in these AZ towns
- Top ten road trip bathrooms in America
- Six things causing a pain in your neck
- 5 things to make your summer move easier
- Three elements of a strong timeshare exit guarantee
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again